Sport commits to circular economy
Combine circular economy and sport is possible!
While the 2022 Football World Cup is currently taking place in Qatar, the Ile-de-France circular economy committee proposed on November 24, a guide entitled “Circular economy and sport: committing to new practices” which induces ten sport and circular initiatives.
These initiatives are organized around three themes:
Building and designing:
- The Olympic aquatic center, whose objectives are to host the 2024 Olympic Games and build a sustainable Olympic legacy, to deliver an emblematic sports venue with environmental ambitions as well as to energize the territory and make up for the lack of facilities.
- The Yellow Ball operation which aims to reduce the environmental impact of tennis, extend the life of the ball and encourage the practice of the sport.
- Natural Grass is one of the initiatives that are part of the eco-design of natural lawns.
Equip and practice:
- Sport Zéro Plastique, whose objective is to make the different clubs aware of the possibility of doing activities without plastics.
- Barooders, a project that aims to encourage outdoor sports practices, extend the life of sports equipment and involve sportsmen and women in the circular economy.
- Recycling Rugby, an initiative that is part of a recycling process, particularly for rugby balls, and that aims to raise awareness of waste reduction.
- An ethical fashion triathlon will be proposed in order to educate athletes about ethical fashion and recycling.
Welcome and celebrate:
- An Ecotrail will be an eco-responsible sporting event but also a race close to nature in an urban environment.
- The Trocadero ephemeral enclosure, a project based on eco-designed sustainable equipment.
- The Rolex Paris Masters project aims to organize an eco-responsible sporting event and use sport as a means of raising awareness of environmental issues.
Sodexo Group will be involved in the Paris 2024 Olympic Games for all catering of the Olympic Village as well as 15 other Olympic venues.
Highly committed to CSR issues, Sodexo will offer infrastructure and equipment as well as a more sustainable catering model by avoiding food waste and limiting plastic packaging.
To learn more about the priorities related to the environment, you can now read our article that reports on the COP 27.
Thus, CircularPlace also accompanies you in your zero carbon footprint approach with its anti-waste solution. At CircularPlace, we have developed a marketplace connecting companies with associations and recyclers in order to valorize unsold and stagnant stocks.
We also provide you with an impact calculation for each of your sales and/or purchases, to allow you to consume with the least impact on the environment.
You can pre-register on our resale, donation and reuse platform by clicking here.
Questions about CircularPlace?
Want to follow us?
Subscribe to our newsletter!